General Terms of Business
1. Usually we don’t have a contract with publishers. This gives both sides flexibility should a publisher wish to cease its relationship with INK.
2. All distribution is Sale or Return. Only net sales are payable to the publisher. INK distribution has very high sales through rates, often in excess of 90%.
3. Firm orders plus delivery margin are placed with the publisher. Delivery of copies to our mailing house is at the publisher’s cost.
4. Copies are invoiced to stockists on delivery. Stockists can return copies (mastheads only) to INK until 30 days after the following Issue is delivered to them.
5. Publisher payments are made on the last Thursday of the month following the return deadline. For a bi-monthly publication this will generally mean that payment is made 3 months after the first issue is dispatched.
6. For the first 6 months of business with a publisher only net receipts are included in payments. This means that any bad debts are passed on to the publisher. Generally, if no or few new stockists are brought to INK by the publisher then we do not expect many bad debts.
7. Net payment is 40% of the cover price to the publisher. Stockists pay 70% of the cover price to INK. INK covers all postage, administration, payment fees, fuel surcharges etc within its margin.
8. INK dispatches titles at its sole discretion. Generally we only dispatch Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and consolidate orders where possible. Early notification of delays in delivery is imperative.